The IPSERA executive committee has five bursaries available primarily dedicated towards PhD Students (but not limited to). The bursaries support their attendance of the 2016 IPSERA Conference in Dortmund and cover expenses of up to 1000€ per awardee. A number of criteria are considered to judge bursary applications on a need and merit basis, including:
- Applicant without alternative funding to attend IPSERA
- Applicant from a developing country
- Applicant from a country under-represented at IPSERA
- Applicant a PhD student early on in their studies
- Applicant accepted for doctoral workshop
- Applicant presenting paper at conference
- Applicant has not received bursary before
- Applicant’s paper is on an interesting and current research topic
For more detailed information on bursaries, and applications, contact Kai Foerstl (E-mail: Kai.Foerstl@ggs.de)
You can download the bursary application form here.
The African Scholar Bursary was established with the generous support of Prof. Hannie Badenhorst-Weiss (Conference Host: IPSERA 2014 in Pretoria, South Africa). It is dedicated exclusively to promote and facilitate African scholars’ (with their main affiliation on the African continent) attendance of the IPSERA conference. To apply for this dedicated bursary please use the bursary application form and submit it via email to Kai.Foerstl@ggs.de
Each year the local host of the IPSERA conference offers a reduced conference fee of €200 to 15 PhD students. In order to apply for a reduced fee of €200 to attend the 2016 IPSERA conference in Dortmund, please also use the bursary application form and submit it via email to Kai.Foerstl@ggs.de.